On completion of this module trainees will be equipped with the skills to:
- Prepare, maintain, and clear function areas
- Prepare beds, hand linen, and bed covers
- Deep clean hard and semi-hard floor surfaces as well as soft floor-coverings
- Service toilets, bathrooms, public areas, kitchen areas and furnished areas
- Clean doors, windows, walls, ceilings, and fixtures
- Provide laundry services
- Provide customer service and care
Latest Course Information
Mar 11, 2013Duration:6 Months
Day(s):Monday - Friday
Time:8:00am - 4:00pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few FAQs pertaining to this programme or course:
- Is there a fee for attending Skills Training Programmes (STP)?
Barbadians do not have to pay any tuition fees to attend the Board’s Skills Training programme. Tuition is free of charge. In addition the Board provides all students with a stipend which will assist with expenses including lunch and transportation costs. Non-Barbadian students with the requisite visa are required to pay tuition fees.
- Does the Barbados Vocational Training Board provide financial assistance for applicants?
No, although in extreme cases referrals are made to external agencies on the behalf of the student.
- Is there a job attachment involved?
During training some persons are sent on job attachment. Selection for job attachment is determined by the trainee’s performance, attitude, and behaviour as well as the availability of spaces at participating companies.
This course is held at the following training centre(s):
C. Lomer Alleyne Skills Training Centre
The CLA centre is where most of the Board’s Evening programmes are held. It is known for its Agricultural and Engineering programmes. CLA is the BVTB’s largest centre and it continues to be expanded.
The Skills Training experience for me was a very delightful one even though it had its challenges. Although I knew a little about mechanics the course Automotive Vehicle Engineering assisted me to understand on a broader scale what mechanics is really about, both the practical and the theory.
At the end of the course I was given the opportunity to begin a job attachment at Nassco Ltd where I have been employed for the last three and a half years.
Apprentice at Nassco Ltd.